(67 Brighton 1st Lane, Brooklyn, NY)
• 6-story residential building
• Structural system: steel framing, composite floors (metal deck and concrete)
• Foundation: reinforced concrete footings
• This project will be the first building designed to get all of the following certifications: Net Zero Energy, LEED Platinum 110 Point Score, US & EU Passive House Certifications, Green Globes Certification, NAHB Emerald Status, EPA AirSense Certification, NYSERDA Low Energy Certification, FIT NYC Healthy Living Certification, Energy Star, and others.
• Features include insulated panel walls, solar and wind energy, recycled gray water system.
• Extensive analysis of the building behavior under wind and seismic forces, including special design for solar panel and wind turbine support system.
Architect: Scarano Architects
Owner: PENSCO Trust
Structural Engineer: Marin Consulting Engineer